Hot Tips How to Add Annotations To Your Marketing Videos on YouTube
How to Add Annotations to Your Marketing Videos on YouTube: First of all you are most probably asking what annotations are. Well Annotations are used for adding little pop-ups, or speech bubbles to your videos. You can even add links to them too. They come in handy every once in a while for pointing out things in your video for all viewers to see.
There is an addition editing functionality in YouTube and it lets you add annotations to your marketing videos. They can also let people subscribe to your channel but as a marketer you can use these small text boxes or comic-style speech bubbles to provide additional information to viewers, you can also let the annotations link to other YouTube videos.
An annotation is a useful way to include an additional call-to-action element to a video.
So follow the follow steps how you can add an annotation to your marketing videos:
- First of all go to the Video Manager page
- Click your username in the upper-right corner and choose the Video Manager from the menu that appears.
- You want to add the annotation to the video, so click the thumbnail picture of the video to which you want to add the annotation.
- To start to edit, click the Edit Annotations link,
- You now going to add the annotation, click the Add Annotation button, and choose the type of annotation you want to add.
- There is quite a lot of annotations to choose from, I would like to highlight to use speech bubbles and notes for visible, colorful annotations that are ideal for calls to action.
- Spotlights are used to point out particular parts of the picture.
- Titles are more discreet text elements that can convey additional information
- Play around where you want to position the annotation, and then add the text you want. Remember that you can also change the font color and (for speech bubbles and notes) background color.
- So go ahead change different fonts until you are happy with the look and feel. Fine-tune also the timing of your annotation.
- You can choose when this element should appear and disappear. Drag it in the timeline below the video, and change its duration by dragging one corner.
- Now you can choose a link.
- An annotation can also let people subscribe to your channel with only one click. Simply select the Link check box, and choose the type of link you want to make. Paste into the text box the web address (URL) of the video or playlist you want to link to.
- When you finish, play the video to ensure that everything appears where you want it.
- Click Publish to activate your annotations.
Viewers have the option to turn off annotations, so most current mobile devices such as smartphones or iPads do not even see them. In other words do not solely rely them for your video marketing strategy. But saying this there are still a lot of viewers that do not use devices in many countries, so test your market and do not forget to browse other videos in your niche market and see what they are doing, especially the videos getting a lot of eyeballs to their videos. I still think and recommend a very cool way of pointing out things in your video for all your viewers to see and take action, so make sure that you have a call to action in your annotation. It is easy and anybody can do this!