Steps How to Install a WordPress Theme
It is not difficult to install a WordPress theme, in fact it is much the same as installing a plugin. You can find free WordPress themes and premium paid WordPress themes from WordPress.org. Just remember you will not find any themes with malware or spamon the WordPress.org site, so it’s safe to browse themes from the Install Themes page in your WordPress blog.
- Go to Appearance and then choose Themes from you WordPress Dashboard. Click on the Themes Tab
- You know your niche and I think you have a pretty good idea how you want your blog to look like, so you can choose the criteria you want for your theme by selecting the appropriate check boxes on the page. If you like you can narrow your search down by selecting the boxes next to your preferred colors, number of columns, width, features or subject. You also have an option to click the Theme you are looking for, by clicking the Themes button to view the themes in your search. Remember you can alternatively browse for themes by newest, featured and the most recently updated by clicking the links at the top of the page. There is also a preview link to preview a theme before choosing a Theme.
- So when you have identified a theme you would like to use, just click the Install Link. When you click the Install Now button in the pop-up window, this will copy the theme to your WordPress Blog, but this will not be live at this stage. Let’s say you have already found elsewhere a theme and you want to upload it from your computer. Well, all you have to do is to click the Upload Link on the Install Themes Page, navigate to the saved .zip file that you have saved on your computer, select it, and then click on the Install Now Button. This will copy the theme to your WordPress blog but this does not make it live as yet.
- 4. Once you have installed the theme, you can preview it with your existing content if you have any at this stage. Preview the theme by clicking the Preview Link. The theme that you have downloaded on your blog may need some customizing to fit your needs, so go ahead and preview it. Go ahead to preview it so the you can determine whether it is close enough to what you wanted. Go ahead make adjustments until you happy with the theme.
- 5. Activate the theme by clicking the Activate link. At this stage, the theme is live on your blog for all your visitors to see and read your content.
Go ahead and have fun choosing your own theme for you blog. Just remember you will not find any themes with malware or spamon the WordPress.org site, so it’s safe to browse themes from the Install Themes page in your WordPress blog.
” DO THESE 3 THINGS AND MAKE MONEY EVERY TIME!”